Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Comic Con '08


What can I say other than one day was not enough.  that is why I have my tickets for next year and it is for the entire session. 

This was my first year attending and I had a blast.  I was able to view new games that will be released on the PSN and other platforms as well as new movies soon to hit the BIG screen.  We were able to see many celebrities from Simon Pegg (Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead), Neal Patrick Harris (Doogie Howser), Nathan Fillion (Firefly, Serenity), and many more.  
Out of all the walking and picking up of free things the best part of my day was the Sony Online Entertainment party we were invited too when were were at the DC Universe booth. Upon entering the party over at the Hard Rock Hotel we ran into Lori Petty from tank girl, league of their own and point break.  We also ran into Adam Sesler from G4 tv, Jim Lee (artist and executive producer of DC Universe, but the one that stands out is the fact we were in the presence of LUKE SKYWALKER himself, yes i mean Mark Hamill.

Now you might think wow, that is just great, but have they done anything else?  That doesn't matter to a star wars fan it was LUKE SKYWALKER.  The other great thing is that drinks were on the house along with the food.  While at this party Shaun, Mark and I meet Jeramiah from Utah (Nice Guy) and we still keep in touch. We should be seeing him next year.

On top of all that I think the time i was able to spend with my friends was the best.  I got to see friends that I had not seen in some time and I had a blast.  I am looking forward to next year, but hopefully something else real soon.


3 comments:

Heidi said...

sounds like a good geeky ol' time! glad you guys had fun!

ok i {heart} star wars but luke skywalker was a dweeb. everybody knows han solo saved the day, really. plus he was hotter. ;)

djomg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
djomg said...

Mark Hamill was also in "The Big Red One" but yeah, that was in 1980 so it's been awhile...great movie though.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080437/